Meet Brianna, one of our fiercest competitors in last month’s 31 Days of Sweat Challenge
. We were so impressed with Brianna’s whopping 468 points at the end of the month, so we asked her to share her secrets on how she kept her head in the game and stayed motivated.
1. When you learned about our 31 Days of Sweat Challenge, what made you excited to participate? What were your personal goals for the month of May?
I am always up for a challenge so when I found out Revolve
was doing this May challenge with awesome prizes I figured this was a great way to step up to another fitness challenge with some incentive. My goal throughout this month’s challenge was to go to class every single day I was in town for the month (sometimes even 2!) and it was not easy but totally worth it!
2. What kept you motivated day after day?
I am a very competitive person especially when it comes to fitness, so this was a challenge against others as well as a challenge against myself. I wanted to see how many classes I could go to when I had the time without killing myself. Also, the Top 2 riders in NYC kept me motivated since they were going to 3 classes in one day sometimes! Definitely makes you want to push yourself harder. Also, the instructors have so much energy and play great music which made me excited to keep going back for more.
3. How did 31 Days change your relationship with Revolve? With your health/fitness/working out? Did you learn anything new about yourself or the Revolve community during the challenge?
This challenge phased out my other workouts because I decided to cycle as much as possible in the month but my endurance and my energy sky rocketed throughout this month which really felt great and made me want to come back for more the next day.
4. What physical/mental/emotional outcomes did you notice after participating in the challenge?
I felt stronger mentally, physically, and emotionally. I was energized and felt great and wished the challenge wasn’t over. I miss going to multiple classes throughout the week – it was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next challenge!
5. How will you continue to sweat hard?
This month I decided to bounce around to a bunch of boutique fitness studios in Manhattan and try them out to see what they are all about. Last week, I went to 5 different studios. It’s great cross-training
! I am also planning on going to a lot of the free fitness classes
held outside for the summer – there are a ton!
6. What tips do you have for other people facing down challenges in and out of the studio?
I have an extreme passion for health and fitness.
I created a blog called B FIT FEEL FAB to provide insight into living and leading a healthy lifestyle and also, to challenge and motivate my followers to get out of their comfort zone and have fun while sweating and moving their bodies! Every month I challenge my followers in some way to be healthier and live a happier life in a body that they love. Some things I encourage people to do when working towards a challenge are:
- Do it with a buddy – hold each other accountable!
- Write down your goal for the challenge – it makes it more real!
- When you get unmotivated, think about why you decided to commit to the challenge in the first place!